Bankwest focuses on broker training amid accreditation changesJuly 17, 2018
TEN REASONS WHY YOU NEED A GOOD MENTOR
- Mentors provide you with support. When times get a bit overwhelming its good to know that you have someone on your side that you can call and have a talk to. Your mentor will listen to you and give you valuable advice about the way forward. They will have experienced the same feelings when they were learning.
- Mentors will encourage you. Its very important to keep hearing some positive encouragement from your mentor. When you do a great job, they will give you the high five that will keep you going.
- Mentors will be a good sounding board. When you just don’t know what step to take next in your business, your mentor will be someone you can throw ideas around with and they will give you insight into what has worked for them in the past.
- Mentors share their valuable experience. A mentor with many years of experience in the same field as you, will be invaluable to your business. They will share information about what has helped them to be successful and also tell you about the pitfall so you won’t make the same mistakes they did
- Mentors will introduce you to the right people. If they have been around the traps for many years chances are they know a lot of people in the industry. They will be able to connect you to people of influence who may also become valuable mentors one day.
- Mentors are trusted advisors. You should be able to tell your mentor anything without fear of being put down. Share you goals and dreams for your business with your mentor so you have someone on your side to keep you focussed.
- Mentors will share their intellectual property with you. If you chose the right mentor, they will be happy to share their intellectual property with you. This will save you hundreds of hours creating marketing materials, systems and processes for your business.
- Mentors will keep you accountable to your goals. You mentor should know your goals and regularly check in with you to see how you are travelling. They will want to see your results to know that you are on track for success.
- Mentors will try to motivate you. If your mentor is someone who inspires you they will also motivate you to be better. Daily motivational quotes or just encouragement and praise for a job well done.
- Mentors will help you see your critical knowledge gaps. Nobody is perfect, so it is important that you take on board any feedback from your mentor. They will be able to help you spot areas that you can improve upon.
If you are looking for a good mentor who cares and is willing to give you quality education, share their knowledge and experience go no further than Cornerstone Mentoring. For new to industry Mortgage Brokers searching for the best mentor, please call our office on 07 3264 7100 today to learn more about our multi award winning program.
Tracie Palmer – Multi Award Winning Mentor
Tracie has been working in the finance industry for over 27 years. She built her successful mortgage broking business from ground up. In 2009, Tracie embarked on a journey to create a mentoring program she could share with her mortgage broking peers. By 2018, she had coached and mentored more than 200 brokers around Australia. Many of Tracie’s mentees have gone on to become very successful brokers in their own right.